Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

3 more days to wait......

April 22, 2011

Today is Good Friday, and it makes me think about celegrating Good Friday in New Orleans.  My girls and I lived in a great neighborhood on a dead end street.  Which means our street ended at a canal, which is pretty much like a drainage ditch.  Anyway, on Good Friday almost everyone on the street got together and we had a big crawfish boil.  The tables were set up at the end of the street which was right in front of our house.  We always had enough food, drinks beer and cheese pizza for everyone.  The tables would be covered with newspapers and the crawfish, corn, potatoes and anything else cooked in the crawfish boil was poured on the tables.  It was a block party with adults and children and everyone had a great time.  Those are wonderful memories.  So, to anyone from Carriage Road who is reading this now,  thanks for being great neighbors.

Well, I have spoken to the person who will be picking me up at the airport in New York.  The reservations are done and all I have to do now is pack and try to remember all the items and clothes I will need.  I have been looking on line for information about the school and have found several articles that are very interesting.

NY TIMES ARTICLE

I am going to the Guide Dog School in Smithtown, NY.  They have a web site and pictures you might be interested in looking at of puppies and guide dogs.


http://www.guidedog.org/


After my own research, I realize there is alot for me to learn.  I have been around dogs all my life but I read the guide dogs learn about 200 different commands.  Ok, I can not even think of 100 commands to give a dog.  It is going to be very educational for me.  Once again I must say I am so excited!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a Great Easter and I will be posting again soon.  nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment