Sunday, April 17, 2011

8 more days to wait

April 17,2011

Well, it has taken me two days to figure out how to post again.  LOL.  It is hard to figure out things when you can not read instructions and they do not make sense to you.  Anyway, I am still riding on the high and am so excited.  It makes me think about how I felt when I was a kid and waiting on Christmas.  You know the best Christmas for me was when I got the most TERIFIC bike.  It was blue with double baskets on the back and it had saddle bags.  Of course it did not have speeds or hand brakes but it was beautiful  and I rode it all over town.  Thigs have changed in that area but when I was a kid it was freedom.

Today, I am trying to think about getting clothes together and the extra things you need when you are staying for a month.  I know there is no way I can take my bed or my pillow but I sure want too.  There is a conference call Wednesday and hopefully  they will tell us want we need to bring.  Of course, there are stores in New York and maybe even a Walmart or Target.  I feel like a kid going to camp and wondering what it will be like.  I know it is an alcohol free campus, bummer, but they said you could go off campus and drink and eat as long as you were back in time to feed your dog.

I just can not believe I am acturally going to get and be trained for a guide dog.  It is the most wonderful feeling.  I do not know what kind of dog I will get.  They have Labs, goldem retriever, combination of lab and golden and german sheperds.  It truly does not matter which kind of dog I get, I just want one.  My best friend.  Just think, it will always be happy to see me, never talk back and love me no matter what. GREAT yea.

Well, enough for today.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Later, nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment