Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Education and Training continues

May 8, 2011

I know it has been awhile since I posted but so much has been going on and I have been too tired to think.  My sweetie has been training me and I seem to be a moderately slow learner.   I absolutely can not remember which way is right or left.  Thank goodness my sweetie can read my mind.  The instructors have been putting us threw the ringer, but we are surviving!!!!  They took us out and one of the instructors was in a car and scared the bejesus out of us.  They came screaming up to us as we were crossing the street and my sweetie did the right thing and stopped me, however it did not stop my scream or my language.  The devil car continued to turn in front of us and my sweetie got smart and did not want to cross the street when she saw the bad devil car.  What a day! My sweetie is smarter than me.

Being trained to use a guide dog is alot of work and you really need a good memory.  Oh, I forgot you also need to have alot of energy which is somewhat I am lacking at the moment.  We are up at 6 and by the time the day is over, I am draging myself to a single bed and I am just plain tired.  I do not want to admit that age may have something to do with all this, but really 14 straight days are alot.  My feet, arms, legs and perty much everything aches.  Thank goodness for Advil!!!!!!   You know, I never really believed in stretching and warming up before you went out to walk... but I do NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I have complained enough.  I am learning so much and every minute is worth it.  This is not as easy or simple as I thought it would be, but I know I am learning how to do things to make myself and with my sweetie, we are a real team that can face the world and whatever it throws at us. 

So, until next time Happy Mothers Day to all. nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment