Sunday, May 15, 2011

The puppy raisers

May 15, 2011

What a great day.  I met my sweetie's family, who took care of her from the time she was 7 weeks old until they turned her over to the trainers.   The family consist of a mom, dad and 3 daughters, can you believe it.  Their oldest daughter is graduating this year and is planning on majoring in nursing,  They have a 14 and 12 year old daughters   We have so much in common.  They are a wonderful family.  They told me my sweetie was the first of a litter of 11.  My sweetie is the first puppy they have raised for the guide dog program.  They are raising another one now, which will be the second one for the guide dog program.  You must understand they do this job for free.  They are not paid for doing this, they do it because they want to help.  Just unbelievable loving people.  My sweetie was so happy to see them and we both enjoyed the visit.

The count down has started for us to go home. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have learned alot and we still have much more to learn, but we are getting ready to fly on our own.  This wil be our last week and they will be keeping us really busy.  There will be another night walk, a solo walk and an obsticle course.  Should be interesting.  Will try to keep you updated.  

Until then take care and I will be thinking of you all.  nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment